- The world's economic woes have hit art auctions; no surprise there. Sotheby's see over 50% reduction in sales in Hong Kong.
- China and Taiwan agree to consider sharing their art.
- SF Chronicle reviews a new book on the $600 million Gardner Heist.
- The Iraqi National Museum, ransacked in 2003, is set to re-open.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police form their own art crime squad.
- China demands return of two bronze sculptures, owned by Yves Saint-Laurent, taken in the Opium Wars.
- Someone scratched Chicago's Bean.
- When art is the crime: Obama portrait artist's notoriety continues with an arrest in Boston.
*Some sites require free registration.